About Me

My photo
As of March 27, 2009, I completed my Master's degree of Transformative Arts from the Art and Consciousness Program in the Department of Holistic Studies at John F. Kennedy University. The picture is a self portrait taken outside Pegasus Book Store in Berkeley. I am an artist who listens to the silent roar that is synchronicity. Some have named this sound chance, luck or happenstance, etc.. Having the ability to obtain a multiplicity of skills, I define my life believing and being this noise! Glance through my blogs, I can and do make anything.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SYNCHRONICITY: April Fools

April Fools Timing is my theme. It is very interesting to note that I turned in my Master's thesis titled Formidable: Finding the Sacred Retracing the Mundane Friday March 27, 2009. The next day was my birthday. And the day after that was my son's ninth birthday. Synchronicity arises because a very dear friend gave me for my birthday a collection of miniature Afrikan sculptures. Her Swiss aunt purchased the set when she worked in West Afrika in the sixties. These sculptures are older than me. Pretty amazing skill to whittle and carve life like forms that are 3.5 inches.

So, to link all the things happening: I suggest reading my blog article on my Carol-Yin More Studio myspace titled Hunting: Orion. 2009 is International Year of Astronomy. Also, one must be familiar with the the movie Kirikou and the Sorceress. Today, we made this five minute video titled Kairos. Kairos is Greek and means right time or opportune moment. Taken today, the picture below is of some flowers that are near highway 24 ramp for Walnut Creek off Telegraph in north Oakland.

No comments:

Post a Comment